Padubidri
News
www.nammapadubidri.com
Your gateway to the town of Padubidri & neighbouring towns
Home | Location  | Information | Sightseeing | News | News in  pictures|Organisations | Accommodation | Photos |Classifieds   |Obituary |
Home | Location  | Information | Sightseeing | News | News in  pictures|Organisations
Accommodation | Photos
|Classifieds   |Obituary |
Custom Search
Aruna Rai
By: Hareesh Kumar Hejmady
Rs. 10 lakhs worth property damaged in Hejmady as a house catches fire
Padubidri, July 12th, 2016:  A house belonging to Jayalaxmi Kotian, residing in Ullasnagar area of Hejma,dy caught fire due to electrical short circuit on Monday night and the loss is estimated to be around 10 lakhs.  The people residing in the house had gone to their relatives place and therefore the fire could spread more easily causing more damage.  After hearing the noise around midnight, the neighbours came out of their houses and informed others.
Fire engines from UPCL and from Malpe Fire Department arrived on the scene and extinguished the fire.


Sound system equipment of Cosmic Professional Audio & Sound, belonging to Sachin Bangera,  stored in the shed attached to the house was desroyed in the fire.  He had bought DJ sound system, LED lighting and other expenisve equipment through loan just only two years back.  In the other room, around 1000 litres of kersosene,  fishing net and other fishing equipment used for country boat fishing belonging to Mukunda Kundar was also destroyed.  Dry fish belonging to Revati and Shobha was also not spared.  The roof of the house was half burnt. 

Former MLA Lalaji R. Menodn, Zilla Panchayat member Shashikanth Padubidri, Taluk Panchayat member Renuka Puthran, Grama Panchayat president Vishalakshi Puthran, vice president Sudhakar Karkera and others visited the affected house and consoled the affected people. 

Village Accountant Shyama Sundar has estimated the loss to be around 9.94 lakhs.